If your teeth are not as bright and white as they used to be, you are not alone. Teeth whitening is the most commonly requested cosmetic dental service. Dr. Guarnieri and our team are happy to provide teeth whitening in Longwood, Florida, for those who wish to brighten their pearly whites.
When considering whitening your teeth, you may wonder:
Why Did My Teeth Change Color?
The radiance of teeth can fade over time for several reasons, including:
– Food and beverages – Beverages like tea, red wine, and coffee can stain the teeth. In general, foods and drinks with an intense color can stain the teeth.
– Tobacco products – Tar and nicotine, which are both found in tobacco, can create stubborn stains on the teeth.
– Age – Beneath the outer layer of the tooth (enamel) is a soft, yellowish area called dentin. Over time, the tooth enamel becomes thinner and more of the dentin shows through.
– Trauma – If you have a mouth related injury, a tooth may change color. This is because teeth react to injury by laying down more dentin, the yellowish layer under the enamel.
– Medications – Certain medications (like antihistamines, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medicines) can cause tooth darkening. Chemotherapy can also darken the teeth.
At Dental Partners Longwood, we offer both in-office and take-home whitening to suit your needs. Contact our office today to learn more and to schedule a consultation. Our dentist and team are happy to answer any questions that you may have.